-
September 14th, 2000, 02:03 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Ok, I just got my new S-AFC in. (Out with that POS V-AFC!) Anyway, as I was wiring yup the unit, I realized that I have never hooked up a APEXi unit with a J&S. The only wire that seems to modify with wires are the yellow, and white wire. They connect to the Pressure circuit wire (MAP sensor). When I had this wire hooked up, I started my car, and it bogged and tripped a check engine light at idle. I checked the code, and it was 23(Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction). So I unhooked the wire white, and yellow wires, and didn't connect them again. So what it happening? Currently the only S-AFFC wires connected are: power, ground, RPM signal, and throttle signal. What do the blue, pink, and orange goto? Acording to the instructions blue, pink, and orange are for karmen type vehicals only.
So I guess the main question it why when I connect the pressure signal wires, do I get a check engine light telling me that my Knock sensor is malfunctioning?
Sorry if this sounds confusing...
------------------
Mike Marsey
'98 ITR #0717
Supercharged!
-
September 14th, 2000, 06:06 AM
#2
Inactive Member
First question is did you use the stock knock sensor or the GM one that comes with the J&S unit? If you used the stock one maybe the J&S hook up is causing problems, if you used the GM one then you must have hit the stock knock sensor wire. Why dont you get rid of the code and drive around again and see if it happens again. Double check all the wires as well to make sure nothing is happening.
Steve
-
September 14th, 2000, 06:18 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Why is the V-AFC and POS? isn't the S-AFC the same as the V-AFC minus the VTEC controller?
-
September 14th, 2000, 08:33 PM
#4
Inactive Member
For some reason the VAFC never worked right on my car. I spent soo much money tring to tune it, but in the end, it just tripped check engine lights, and screwed up my car. (And yes I did connect the VTM wire). I guess I just had a flawed unit.
------------------
Mike Marsey
'98 ITR #0717
Supercharged!
-
September 15th, 2000, 03:34 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Yeah I'm using the stock sensor. I did clear the code. The only probelm is the moment I start my car, it will bog, and trip the light. Currently I dont have the pressure wire connected to SAFC, so my car drives fine. Any ideas why the pressure sensor wire is freaking out the J&S, and ECU?
------------------
Mike Marsey
'98 ITR #0717
Supercharged!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks